cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMASTER open S32K_PMSM_Sensorless.pmp error

Jump to solution
d_stebani
Contributor I

I am trying to follow the Quick Start Guide MTRDEVKSPNK144QSG.pdf of my MTRDEVKSPNK144: 3-phase PMSM Development Kit with NXP S32K144 MCU

I am failing at step 9: FreeMASTER Setup

After trying to open the S32K_PMSM_Sensorless.pmp file, an error message pops up (see attached screenshot).

It says: "C:\NXP\MC_DevKits\MTRDEVKSPNK144\sw\MTRDEVKSPNK144_S32DS\FreeMASTER_control\S32K_PMSM_Sensorless.pmp wurde ein falsches Dateihandle zugeordnet."

It translates into "C:\...\S32K_PMSM_Sensorless.pmp was assigned to a wrong file handler".

When clicking "OK" the message disappears, but the project doesn't open.

Please help.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello d.stebani@jopp.com‌,

At first sight, probably the FreeMaster project uses another location for the elf file. To select the right one please go to Project->Options->MAP Files and at the "Default symbol file" select the correct elf file from your computer.

But you should also check that you are using the latest FreeMaster version. 

Also, this forum is dedicated for the Model Based-Design Toolbox (which generates embedded code from Simulink) and from the link specified I think you are using an S32Design Studio example.

Let's try what I suggested and If didn't work we will recommend you the right spot to ask this question.

Best Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello d.stebani@jopp.com‌,

At first sight, probably the FreeMaster project uses another location for the elf file. To select the right one please go to Project->Options->MAP Files and at the "Default symbol file" select the correct elf file from your computer.

But you should also check that you are using the latest FreeMaster version. 

Also, this forum is dedicated for the Model Based-Design Toolbox (which generates embedded code from Simulink) and from the link specified I think you are using an S32Design Studio example.

Let's try what I suggested and If didn't work we will recommend you the right spot to ask this question.

Best Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
d_stebani
Contributor I

Somehow I had installed an old version of FREEMASTER (2.0.0). I think it came with Design Studio. At the end of the installation of DS, the question appears if you want to install FREEMASTER aswell. I think it installed an old version then.

But now with the latest version, I have no problems anymore.

So thank you very much!