AnsweredAssumed Answered

To add yocto wic.bmap & wic.bz2 image support instead of .sdcard format in I.MX yocto

Question asked by Srinivasan Shanmugam on Jan 16, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2019 by Manivannan s

Dear I.MX Community experts,

I need to add wic.bmap & wic.bz2 and when I tried to include as below:

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.bz2 ext4 wic.gz wic.bz2 wic.map sdcard.bz2" in "imx/meta-sdk/conf/distro/include/fsl-imx-base.inc"  I get the below error, I have attached the log file for your reference to

Error:

====

ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: No kickstart files from WKS_FILES were found: core-image-minimal.imx8mmevk.wks core-image-minimal.wks. Please set WKS_FILE or WKS_FILES appropriately.
ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: Function failed: do_image_wic (log file is located at /home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/build_core-image-minimal/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.17119)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/build_core-image-minimal/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.17119
ERROR: Task (/home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb:do_image_wic) failed with exit code '1'

Could you please help me how this support can be added?

Kindly do the needful,

Many Thanks in advance

Outcomes