AnsweredAssumed Answered

To add yocto wic.bmap & wic.bz2 image support instead of .sdcard format in I.MX yocto

Question asked by Srinivasan Shanmugam on Jan 16, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2019 by gusarambula

Dear I.MX Community experts,

I need to add wic.bmap & wic.bz2 and when I tried to include as below:

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.bz2 ext4 wic.gz wic.bz2 wic.map sdcard.bz2" in "imx/meta-sdk/conf/distro/include/fsl-imx-base.inc"  I get the below error, I have attached the log file for your reference to

Error:

====

ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: No kickstart files from WKS_FILES were found: core-image-minimal.imx8mmevk.wks core-image-minimal.wks. Please set WKS_FILE or WKS_FILES appropriately.
ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: Function failed: do_image_wic (log file is located at /home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/build_core-image-minimal/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.17119)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/build_core-image-minimal/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.17119
ERROR: Task (/home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb:do_image_wic) failed with exit code '1'

Could you please help me how this support can be added?

Kindly do the needful,

Many Thanks in advance

Outcomes