AnsweredAssumed Answered

imx6q sabre board only works with factory sd

Question asked by David Luberger on Jan 15, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 by David Luberger

I have yocto setup and running and have done multiple builds for other eval boards and custom boards for different processors.  This is the first time I can't get an eval board to boot from the yocto sdcard image. In yocto, i'm setting the board as imx6qsabresd. I'm using a new build folder, so it appears the entire project is building from scratch.  I was thinking maybe I had some customization with u-boot in other distros (although that would have happened in that other build folder) so i used the cleansstate command with the u-boot-imx recipe, but that didn't help either.

I also notice that I can't see or mount the sdcard that came with the imx6q sabre board, even though that card boots fine, but in u-boot if i attempt "ls mmc 1" it says it can't read ext2 partition (but again it works fine).  I notice that in my build/tmp/deploy/imx6qsabresd folder where the sdcard image is, there's an ext4 image.  could the issue be that (even though the factory-supplied sdcard u-boot bootloader can't read ext2 partitions) the sd card partition(s) need to be in ext2 format?

I'm really at a loss as to why the factory-supplied sd card that has android on it works fine, but the sdcard image with linux i build with yocto from scratch in a new build folder doesn't work at all.

Outcomes