Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 51 fault in CW6.3

steveh
Contributor II

Does anyone know whether the present version of CW including patches at

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=5901331 

still suffers from the false "ERROR 51 during flash programming" problem?  When I first reported this to Freescale back in 2011 they sent some replacement PEMicro files but I'm hoping that it's all fixed in the present version on the NXP site.  The solution involved trial and error with multiple files including ...Flash Patch.exe.  The collection above includes a ... similar file but does that really fix the fault?

Does anyone know?

Notes from the original report and Freescale's final answer are in the file attached

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen Howard 

Thank you for contacting us.

CW IDE v6.3 install file file doesn't change. for the known bug of it, usually we release a patch for it, I just checked these two patches are still available for downloading.

Or you can also use eclipse version CW11. This version includes bug fix of CW6.3. You can download it from  

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t... 

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

steveh
Contributor II

Thank you for the quick response Jun. Could you please give me the link to the two CW6.3 patches you mention below to fix this error? (I'm not using Eclipse so won't go to that link.)

Regards,

Steve Howard

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi stephen,

Please refer attached video of how to download the patches.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos