Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access DA7212 from K66

aaronminner
Contributor III

Board: FRDM-K66F

Environment: MCUXpresso, SDK 2.5

Debugger: JSegger

Hi!  I'm new to MCUXpresso - though not to Eclipse - and I was able to get the "SAI Interrupt Record Playback" driver example to work by creating it as a new project importing that sample code.  But if I try to create a blank new project and use the Peripherals and Pins pages to select and configure pins and import devices, etc, I can't get it to work without cutting and pasting a bit from the other project's "board.c" and "board.h", as well as manually importing the "codec" folder and setting the SDK_I2C_BASED_COMPONENT_USED and BOARD_USE_CODEC environment variables.  Is it supposed to be that manual-labor intensive to access the DA7212 in a new project?  The SDK management tool is pretty nice, but it doesn't seem to have any support for "codec" in general, or the DA7212 in particular.  Like I said, I got it to work, but if I'm doing it the wrong way, I'd appreciate some insight into the correct way.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aaron Minner,

Thank you for your interest in NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you.

If you create the new project in the MCUxpress IDE based on SDK, it will give the simplest project.

If you still need the deep function, eg, de codec, you need to refer to the sdk sample code, add the according code, just as you have said, the pinmux, board, codec files,etc.

So, at first, I think you can learn the official sample code in deep, then after you create the new project, you can copy the according file in the sample code directly to your project folder, and add it to your project. Just refer to the official sample code.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos