cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build Bluez5.50 on Imx6UL

tsung-chihwang
Contributor III

Hi,

My current Linux BSP version is 3.14.38.

I am trying to build Bluez5.50 on imx6ul.

Below are my steps:
1. Download bluez-5.50.tar.xz from http://www.bluez.org

2. Decompress bluez-5.50.tar.xz 

3. configure:

./configure --host=arm-linux --enable-static CC=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc --enable-attrib --disable-test --disable-cups --disable-audio --disable-pie --disable-systemd --disable-udev --enable-library CFLAGS="--sysroot=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi -mfloat-abi=hard" LDFLAGS=-L/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lib/

4. Then, I met an error immediately..

It seems that I must build libical first, right?

Error message:
checking for ICAL... no
configure: error: libical is required

I was wondering if you could tell me how to build Bluez5.50 successfully on imx6ul with BSP v3.14.38.

BR,

carter

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wang,

The 3.14.38 does not work with MX6UL and it does not support bluez, upgrade at least to 4.1.15 and build the qt for build the libical. Please do a repo sync and try again.

Thanks

tsung-chihwang
Contributor III

Hi Bio_TICFSL,

Thanks for your quick response.

Regarding your comment, I have more questions now.

1. The 3.14.38 does not work with MX6UL.

[carter] What does this statement mean?

Although this version of BSP is old, we have used it for more than 2 years. It's workable for sure.

2. It does not support bluez.

[carter] I tried another method to build bluez, it seems ok. I was wondering if you could take a look about my steps.

Step1. Download Yocto project.

(1.1) repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.14.38-6UL_ga
                 (1.2) repo sync

Step2. Build images.

(2.1) $ MACHINE=imx6ulevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b pisces -e fb

(2.2) Add below statement to configure file.

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " bluez5"

(2.3) bitbake core-image-minimal

(2.4) Finally, I can get bluez5 related libraries and execute files(bluetoothd, hcitool, etc.) from the built rootfs.

However, my question occurred again.. I found the version of outputting bluez is bluez5.28.
                   How can I replace it from bluez5.28 to bluez5.50?

BR,

carter

0 Kudos

jocker-xie
Contributor I
Have you implemented the transplantation of bluez5.50? After my successful transplantation, when I added the uuid service, the error "org.bluez.Error.NotPermitted" was reported
0 Kudos