Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6UL Flash Loader to Store SDK Example Program

Jump to solution
dennis_jelcic
Contributor I

Hello,

We are using the I2C example in the MCUXpresso SDK.  It requires two NXP boards, a master and a slave, in order to demonstrate the communication.  Using IAR and an I-Jet debug pod, we can compile and run the "I2C Master" code on the master board, or the "I2C Slave" code on the slave board.  We only have one IDE license and debug probe, and cannot run the software on both boards using the debugger.

We are using the bare metal version of the SDK.  I cannot find any documentation that shows how to update the boot flash on the slave board so that it can run the I2C slave code upon boot-up.

I have found a flash loader binary file that appears to be compatible with our board.  It is located at the following path: IAR\EW 8.1\arm\config\flashloader\NXP\FlashIMX6UL_EVL_QSPI.out

Is there any documentation available that describes how to update the boot flash on the slave board?  If so, can someone please point me to this documentation?

Here are the versions of the hardware and software that we are using:

Hardware
    Processor Kit:   MCIMX6UL-EVKB
    Base Board:      MCIMX6UL-BB
    Processor Board: MCIMX6UL-CM
    Processor:       MCIMX6G2CVM05AA

Software
    IDE: IAR Embedded Workbench 8.30.1
    Debug Probe: IAR I-jet
    MCUXpresso Software Development Kit (SDK) Release Version: 2.2.0

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Dennis Jelcic

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis,

It is included on the documentation folder of the SDK installation path, like the following considering default paths:

C:\nxp\SDK_2.2_MCIM6UL\docs

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You could refer to section 5.2 “Using Manufacturing Tool” of the “Getting Started with MCUXpresso

SDK for i.MX 6UltraLite Derivatives” document regarding how to use MFGTool to download the example images (with some modifications) to Flash memory.

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dennis_jelcic
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thank you very much for your response.

I've looked on the NXP website, and on the internet, but I cannot find a document called “Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX 6UltraLite Derivatives”.  Could you please provide a link to the document, or a way for me to get a copy of it?

Thank you,

Dennis

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis,

It is included on the documentation folder of the SDK installation path, like the following considering default paths:

C:\nxp\SDK_2.2_MCIM6UL\docs

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos
dennis_jelcic
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

That was what we were looking for.  I was able to download an image to the QSPI Flash, and the board ran that program upon power-up.

I had reviewed the document you mentioned previously, but had misunderstood the purpose of the MFGTool.

Thank you very much for your help!

Dennis

0 Kudos