AnsweredAssumed Answered

Jump into FLASH XiP user code from Flashloader

Question asked by Antoine Zen-Ruffinen on Jan 10, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2019 by Antoine Zen-Ruffinen

Hi,

For various reasons (continus integration being one of them), we like to develop for the iMXRT1050 family without using the MCUXpresso IDE. We like to work old fashion from the command line, using makefile, gdb over openocd and text editor.

From now, I was able to program an image into the external flash (the Hyperflash to be precise) on the MIMXRT1050-EVK devbard using the "elftosb -f imx ...", "elftosb -f kinetix ...", "sdphost ...", "blhost..." way using the "Flashloader_RT1050_1.1" package. But this requires to change the boot mode to "Serial Downloader" by changing the DIP swiches on SW7. If I want the run the application, I have to un-plug the board, change the DIP swiches on SW7 again and re-plug the board. Then my application is running fine, but this is not very suitable for the development, as one can easily understand.

I have tried to start the application using the "blhost -u -- execute ..." command but with no success. I have tried to give various address such a flash start, IVT table address, vector table address, or Reset handler address, but none of this works. 

It there i way to jump into user code that lie in flash from the flashloader ? Does the flashloader firmware leaves the FlexSPI initialized after the " receive-sb-file" command ?

Outcomes