cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K82 : configuration of JTAG pins

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hello !

I'm going to use full JTAG interface on K82 e.g A0-A3 and A5 pins.

Should those pins be really configured as JTAG pins by using ConfigTools or possible to leave those pins as non configured for have low power consumption when MCU in low power mode ?

Or I really should configure those as JTAG pins after start up and configure them as float according recommendation ?

I understand this configuration bring Analog input configuration :

PORT_SetPinMux(PORTx, NU, kPORT_PinDisabledOrAnalog); 

But what mean float ? Do not call API for set pin muxing at all ?

I would like to configure all relevant gpio pins by using recommendation from DataSheet :

"

5.2 Recommended connection for unused analog and digital
pins
Table 65

"

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eugene Hiihtaja,

You don't need to configure the JTAG pins as the JTAG function, these pins are in default configured as the JTAG after power on or reset, please check this information:

pastedImage_1.png

So, don't worry, just use it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi Kerry !

But what means float state of pin what recommended from low power point of view.

At some point we disable JTAG interfaces via .FlasConfig and might have sense to set those pins to some state as well.

What about PTA5 pin ? By default it is disabled and for be used as JTAG_TRST_b it should be configured.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eugene,

Float means you didn't connect anything on this pin in the external side.

About PTA5, yes, this pin is really special, you really need to enable it in the code, please check these description:

pastedImage_1.png

So, maybe you need to use the normal JTAG to download the code which configure the JTAG_TRST_b pin to it's function, then you can use the JTAG_TRST function again.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos