Reading CREG locks up LPC4357

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading CREG locks up LPC4357

cameron_lafolle
Contributor I

I'm using LPC4357 with Keil, and when I view the contents of CREG (in either the memory viewer or the system viewer) the MCU locks up and I get the error "Could not halt Cortex-M device". It seems to be most sensitive to views in the USB0FLADJ  and USB1FLADJ regions, because I can view lower regions of CREG with the IDE only complaining about not being able to access some these memory locations. I can't tell if it's going off into the weeds, or actually locks up, but the LED's stop flashing for a Blinky example, and requires a power cycle to be able to connect to the LPC again. 

We are investigating the Keil side.  Is there anything on the NXP side that would cause this behavior? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

cameron_lafolle
Contributor I

Thanks, Bernhard!

Any clue as to why Keil is unable to read CREG addresses below the FLADJ registers?

Best regards,
Cameron P. LaFollette

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Cameron,

What's the means of "why Keil is unable to read CREG addresses below the FLADJ registers?"

I could read the CREG registers info from system view window:

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The information in the LPC43xx User's Manual implies, that this issue is based on the chip specific implementation:

Remark: The FLADJ register must be read only after initializing the USB interface.
Reading this register before initialization of the USB causes the MCU to stall.

So I would say that it is not an issue with KEIL µVision.

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos