Kinetis SDK (SDK_S32K14x_08) request to load and build the S32K144_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis SDK (SDK_S32K14x_08) request to load and build the S32K144_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Hello,

I have an issue when i try to load in order to build the intial project of the S32K144EVB "S32K144_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware".

I have the following msg:

Kinetis SDK.PNG

For your information, i have flashed the board with "hello_s32" project before.

How and where i can get Kinetis SDK and SDK_S32K14x_08 ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

KALA_K
Contributor I

Hello, I also encounter this problem now. Have you solved it?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, there is no such tutorial. Just create empty project based on latest RTM SDK version. Copy your sources from existing project folder into new one. Add Processor Expert components requested by your existing project, set correct values for your components and generate Processor Expert code. 

There is documentation in [S32DS_INSTALL_FOLDER]\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K14x_RTM_2.0.0\doc

Or use old S32DS. It's up to you. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Hello Jiri,

Thank you very match.

Could you tel me where  i can find the steps (documentation or tutoriels) to do in order to create Processor Expert configuration and hou to add existing sources.

Best regards

0 Kudos

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Thank you Diana

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Your issue is because of the wrong version of S32 Design Studio.

For this project is needed to use version 2.0. ( S32 Design Studio for Arm v2.0 - Windows/Linux(REV 2.0))

Download link can be seen below link:

S32 Design Studio IDE for Arm® based MCUs|NXP 

I believe it helps you.

Best Regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

rsating
Contributor III

I try to follow the above recommended path (S32DS ARM 2.0) but soon run into the same problem:

BCC_S32K144_ARM-2.0_Kinetis_Warnings.png

I tried Help --> "Check for Updates" and Help --> "Install New Software" with the following checked hoping to resolve broken dependencies:

BCC_S32K144_ARM-2.0_AvailableSoftware.png

It seems these updates did not help.

After this, trying to add component "lpspi", following the tutorial, results in an error "Processor Expert is disabled", I presume this is a consequence of the initial warnings: 

BCC_S32K144_ARM-2.0_AddComponentError.png

How can we overcome this problem?

I'm currently stuck at this point, on the UM11346 BCC_S32K144_Monitoring example project:
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM11346.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your support. If i understood correctely, you mean that we can not load and build the "S32K144_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware" with the last version of S32 Design Studio 2018.R1 and we need to install the version 2.0.

Regards

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Other possibility is create new project in latest S32DS and manually create Processor Expert configuration and add your existing sources into project. Unfortunately - the PE settings is not fully backward compatible. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes. The project was created in S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.0. The IDE Environment which is used for this project can be found in the readme.txt in the "S32K144_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware" folder.

For the different S32DS versions are different SDK versions, you can see it in the link above. So, I recommend you to use for this project version 2.0.

Best Regards,

Diana

0 Kudos