cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame counter issue on JN5168

hernanolave
Contributor I

Hello,

I have been working on the JN5168-001-M06 module. Currently I am working on the firmware of a custom PCB based on this module. I am using the JN-SW-4170 Stack and I am having the following issue:

I have created a network with many to one topology, one coordinator and many end devices. Once the network is established and the sleeping end devices connect to it everything works fine, then the end devices start normal operation (send data every 5 seconds). After some hours or days, some of the end nodes are being rejected (ZPS_EVENT_NWK_STATUS_INDICATION with status 0x11) apparently due to frame counter problem.

On the "rejected" end device debug information, the module seems fine, no event or error indicating this problem. But, when the node is reset, the end device fails to rejoin the network due to not receiving a response (ZPS_EVENT_NWK_FAILED_TO_JOIN with status 0xEB).

I have tried a reset on the coordinator side, trying to "force" the error. As I understand, an incoming frame counter is maintained in RAM for every
node in the local Neighbour table. Therefore, a reset would cause a frame counter = 0 for every node in the local Neighbour table, forcing that every frame counter of a message received would be higher than the locally stored. That being said, the issue is not happening.

I have also tried to force reset the end device to see if the "rejected" one can recover from this state, but is not happening.

Please advice.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hernan,

Could you please provide the complete sniffer log including the devices join process before and after the issue that you are seeing?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos