cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android, PN547 and dual-interface cards

indur_ait
Contributor I

Hi,

We have a problem accessing the emulated Mifare Classic card on dual-mode smartcards that are working as a contactless EMV card and also as a Mifare Classic cards.

The card is detected as ISO/IEC-14443-4 card, so the RATS is sent out by the reader automatically and therefore the card is switched from 14443-3 mode to 14443-4 mode which leads the Classic part inaccessible.

Is there a way to tell the reader to disable automatic ISO/IEC-14443-3 to ISO/IEC-14443-4 switching, or is there a method to "go back" from 14443-4 mode once the card is already there?

Or is there any other way to access emulated Classic card on such dual-mode cards?

--

best regards,
Timo

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

indur_ait
Contributor I

Hi,

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure about the card's part number, because we have not issued these cards ourselves. 

This is the relevant information from the card:

ATQA : 00 04
SAK : 28
ATS : 10 78 80 70 02 00 31 C0 64 08 04 61 00 00 90 00 47 0D

Some sort of SmartMX I guess?

--

thanks and best regards,

Timo

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you please let us know which product of us are you working with besides the PN547?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

indur_ait
Contributor I

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you be more specific, what are the other products you are referring to? Are you asking whether there are other components from NXP (beside PN547 controller) used in the device we have problems with?

--

best regards,

Timo

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I mean the Smartcards. Could you please let us know the part numbers?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos