cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN FD with RxErr

黎明孟
Contributor II

The offical demo used for CANFD debug, the RxErr occured;

The CAN OE used for the msg monitor and the Rate change to 500K/2M; the 2 nodes connected together; No other CAN node in the network;

You can see that the data also received but with the form error; actually, sometimes report CRC error and sometimes report Stuff bit error; 

It seems something wrong at the Stuff fileld or the CRC field, but i don't know how to fix it!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Limeng,

Please tell me your LPC chip part number, then I can help you to check the details.

What the CANFD code you  are using, do you try the official code, if you also use the official code, please tell me what the code you are using?

Please also tell me what the LPC board you are using, you own designed board or the nxp official board?

Waiting for your reply!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

黎明孟
Contributor II

Thanks Kerry,

The kit ordered from NXP the part is OM13094,uP is 54618 with CAN FD kit;

The project used also from NXP offical example "LPC5461x-CANFD-DriverAPI"-->"fd_msgobjs";

When i change the register "config.enableNonISOMode=true;" The error frame fixed!

So it seems the CANOE version can't support the ISO FD protocol. 

Also many thanks!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Liming,

Thank you for your updated information.

Do you mean, when you use fd_msgobjs project directly without any modification in the CANFD driver, it has error.

But, if you modify the code :

config.enableNonISOMode=true;

It doesn't have errors.

Is it right?

If yes, i will test it on my side.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

黎明孟
Contributor II

Hi Kerry

That's right. 

I think the error frame occured due to my CAN OE device is VN1630, not compatiable with ISO11898-2015 standard. and when the project change to non-iso mode, no error frame occured; 

If you have the newest CAN instruments to monitor the CANFD frame, maybe no error occured even in ISO mode; 

Also hope you can feedback a result for the test, thanks!

0 Kudos