Recommended LCD in the area of 5 to 7 inches without touch screen and fairly simple linux compatibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended LCD in the area of 5 to 7 inches without touch screen and fairly simple linux compatibility

Jump to solution
brett1
Contributor II

I'm looking for a fairly simple way to connect a 5-7" diagonal LCD to an i.MX8MMiniLite.  The assumption is that the DSI port is the best route to go.  I've seen some displays that take DSI input directly but I have a feeling that for a remote mounted display I won't be able to run the DSI far enough to make that a viable option.  Thus I've been considering bridges to HDMI or some sort of DVI or Displayport.  I've also looked at eDP but I think that will have the same issues with range and connector scheme...  

Any pointers and advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brett

yes these boards are supported in nxp bsps, fro design files one can look on

Schematics (4)
Design Files for the OLED Display (MX8-DSI-OLED1)
Design Files for the MIPI to HDMI Converter (IMX-MIPI-HDMI)

i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit|NXP 

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
brett1
Contributor II

IMX-MIPI-HDMI Product Information|NXP   This board looks to be pretty much what I am looking for and it looks like they can be bought on digikey as well IMX-MIPI-HDMI NXP USA Inc. | Development Boards, Kits, Programmers | DigiKey...  But if I was looking to implement this directly into a product are there reference design schematics of these boards somewhere?  Also I assume that the NXP provided Linux environments automagically support these codecs?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brett

yes these boards are supported in nxp bsps, fro design files one can look on

Schematics (4)
Design Files for the OLED Display (MX8-DSI-OLED1)
Design Files for the MIPI to HDMI Converter (IMX-MIPI-HDMI)

i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit|NXP 

Best regards
igor

brett1
Contributor II

Thank you very much.  This is perfect!

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brett

one can consider 5.49" MX8-DSI-OLED, "MX8-DSI-OLED1"

or "IMX-MIPI-HDMI" on link:

i.MX 8 Series Accessory Boards|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------