QN9080x Device cannot be paired

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080x Device cannot be paired

aiswaryakrishna
Contributor II

Iam using wireless uart  example to make my device to communicate through BLE wireless uart service.

only by using "NXP IOT Tool box" android app pairing can be done.I can read the data from my device as well.

problem1:

when i tried pairing using android "bluetooth settings",iam getting error message as "pairing rejected by nxp_wu.

problem2:

Data cannot be read in other ble serial terminals. After pairing my BLE device using NXP IOT tool box.I want to read the data using third party app.But i could not see any data .But when i tried writing data it is received in my device.

please suggest code changes in qn9080x so that pairing and reading data can be done using 3rd party apps too.Is there any source code available for nxp iot tool box app?so we can make use to write our own app.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

By any chance,  did you enable the pairing in the code? 

You can enable it on the app_preinclude.h 

/*! Enable/disable use of bonding capability */
#define gAppUseBonding_d 0
/*! Enable/disable use of pairing procedure */
#define gAppUsePairing_d 0

You can also check the document Bluetooth® Low Energy Application Developer’s Guide chapter 4.1.3 Pairing and bonding. 

Also, I'm sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you but the IoT Toolbox IOS and Android source code is not available, for more details about it, could you please contact your local sales.

Regards,

Estephania 

0 Kudos

michalisantonio
Contributor I

How to enable discoverable and pairing on power on of QN9080? Without press reset or any other button when run QN9080 SDK bluetooth examples (with the application already in FLASH) to connect to mobile phone?

0 Kudos

aiswaryakrishna
Contributor II

Hi,

You can set the gaprole as mGapRole = gGapPeripheral_c as always.

0 Kudos