Printf statements from MCUExpresso SDK driver examples not appearing in terminal.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printf statements from MCUExpresso SDK driver examples not appearing in terminal.

aboss
Contributor I

I am following the tutorial videos on using MCUExpresso (importing an SDK and example driver project). I successfully compile the example code, right click on the binary -> binary utilities -> create S-record. Then I drag/drop this s-record file into the FRDM-KL03Z drive (to utilize the MSD flash programming feature on the board). I see the green LED blinking indicating it is programming. Once the program has finished loading, I see the red LED blinking for the gpio LED demo, but no printf statements are showing up in the terminal ( I am using putty). I checked that my baud rates match, but no luck. I am using MCUExpresso IDE v10.2.1 and SDK_2.x_FRDM-KL03Z.

I have no issues when I use Kinetis design studio with SDK 1.3.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please mark [Redirect printf/scanf to UART] option during SDK project import process, otherwise the serial print info will not output at UART port.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aboss
Contributor I

That worked - thanks Mike!

0 Kudos