cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1020 TQFP144 and SDK Peripheral Tools

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello.

Some time ago I asked you when the RT1020 would be available in the TQFP144 package and the SDK with the Peripheral Tools. You told me that for the third quarter of this year (Q4 2018), we are already in December, practically finishing the year, but neither is available.

We have done tests with the evaluation boards that install the RT1020 in TQFP144, we also made our own board with the TQFP100. But we already need to make our final design, and this has to be with the TQFP144.

Is there any news about when the RT1020 TQFP144 can be purchased, and when will the SDK support the Peripheral Tools?. I have check in Mouser and Digi Key, RT1020 TQFP144 not available.

We also need the SDK with the Peripheral Tools for the Kinetis MK66, we have downloaded it, but they are still not available.

Best Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Yesterday I tested the new SDK 2.5, and seems that already support the Peripheral Tools for i.MX RT and Kinetis MK66.

Now the question is when will be available the RT1020 TQFP144. I made time ago all my tests with the evaluation board, and also I made my own board with the TQFP100.  But its already time to design my final product with RT1020 TQFP144, but never available to purchase in Mouser and Digikey.

Somebody know about it ?.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis Hernandez Salvador,

I think you mentioned RT1020 LQFP144 not TQFP144.

RT1020 LQFP144 package chips estimated launch date in this month, maybe it is delayed due to the holiday.

For the details, I think you need to check it with your local NXP distributor, you can find the distributor from this link:

Distributor Network|NXP 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

No European distributor, still offers the product, also checked in Arrow and Avnet.

Only two Chinese suppliers have offered it to me, one of them I do not know, but the other is reliable, so I ordered 90 units to prepare and test prototypes. But I would need more units and, if possible, in European distributors.

We are already in 2019 and although NXP, in this forum and by private contact, they confirmed a long time ago that the product would be available in the last quarter of 2018, the reality is that it is not like that, nor do they know how to tell me when it will be available.

Also some Chinese suppliers have offered me the reference PIMXRT1021DAG5A, I do not know if this is the same as the MIMXRT1021DAG5A.  Do you know about that?

0 Kudos

mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Luis,

As of the end of December we are qualified with the 144LQFP and are in the process of getting stock to our distributors.

In the mean time, please let me know if you need some samples.

thanks

Mario

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello Mario.

The month of December has already passed, we are in January. Or do you mean December 2019?

Having to wait another year to buy the LQFP144, it would be terrible. We expected, as was said in the forum and also privately, that the chip would be available for the last quarter of 2018.

How can I get samples from the LQFP144?

On the other hand, what is the difference, if any, between the references PIMXRT1021DAG5A and MIMXRT1021DAG5A. The PIMXRT1021DAG5A, some Chinese are offering, but I do not know if it is reliable.

0 Kudos

mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Luis,

I mean December 2018.  As I mentioned we are in the process of getting stock to our distributors.

I can get you PC samples now.  there is no difference between P and M.  The P are the pre production material.

thanks

Mario

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

OK thanks Mario.
How do I get the samples?

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

The year is over and the LQFP144 is not yet available in any distributor.

Do you know an approximate date when it will be available? We urgently need it for our new designs.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis Hernandez Salvador,

As I know, some customers already get the RT1020 LQFP144 samples in China.

About the details information on your local side, please contact with your local distributor, and let them help you to  contact with NXP's sales, you will get the detail information.

This community mainly used for the technical communication.

Please let distributor help you to find the NXP sales to apply the samples.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

No European distributor gives information on when the product will be available. In Mouser put availability date for February, that's all, and Digikey do not give any kind of information.

I have contacted some of my suppliers in China, and one does offer it to me, although only 90 units.

What is strange is that NXP does not provide reliable availability dates. Right now I still do not know when the product will be available in Europe, through distributors such as Mouser or Digikey.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis,

Do you also contact with your local Arrow, Avnet? Any feedback?

You said: I have contacted some of my suppliers in China, and one does offer it to me, although only 90 units.

Do you mean you get it from China?

About the Europe situation, you still need to contact with the distributor, you can find the distributor network from this link, this is the workflow:

Distributor Network|NXP 

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos