cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an encrypted rootfs?

Jump to solution
trongthinh
Contributor IV

I would like to encrypt my rootfs for security purpose. currently, i don't know how to do it. Some documents or suggestion are welcome.

Thank all. 

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marouene_boubakri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear trongthinh‌,

If you plan to use DM-Crypt to encrypt your RootFS, then,The document "Root filesystem encryption using DM-Crypt" provides detailed steps to make a it.

The target was ARM64 you can adapt it to your need (Install ARM32 toolchain and compile for ARM target).

If this reply answers your question please mark it as "Correct Answer" so that other users can access it quickly.

Regards

Maro

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Pugo
Contributor I

How can I access the the document "Root filesystem encryption using DM-Crypt"? My organization has a valid NDA and I have the enhanced security status on my profile.

0 Kudos
marouene_boubakri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear trongthinh‌,

If you plan to use DM-Crypt to encrypt your RootFS, then,The document "Root filesystem encryption using DM-Crypt" provides detailed steps to make a it.

The target was ARM64 you can adapt it to your need (Install ARM32 toolchain and compile for ARM target).

If this reply answers your question please mark it as "Correct Answer" so that other users can access it quickly.

Regards

Maro

ronz
Contributor I

great! thanks for sharing

0 Kudos
havok31
Contributor I

Hi,

I am also working on the encryption of the rootfs for an iMX6 board.

maro: you gave a link to the document"Root filesystem encryption using DM-Crypt" but that file is not accessible ==> I get a "Unauthorized" message. 

Is the access voluntarily protected ? Could you tell me what I need to do to be able to download the file ?

Thanks

regards

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I send some topics from community to you for reference, but for detailed information about security, you need to submit the salesforce case

Is my HAB approach entirely secure? 

https://community.nxp.com/message/1083816 

0 Kudos