Document about GAP and GATT BLE for Rapid IOT ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document about GAP and GATT BLE for Rapid IOT ?

wichaitossamart
Contributor I

Hi,

Are there any document about GAP and GATT BLE on Rapid IOT for sensors ? I would like to connect Rapid IOT from ESP32.

Thank you

Labels (1)
4 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Do you mean something like this? 

Creating a custom profile using NXP BLE stack – Server  

How to create a Custom Profile - Client 

If you look for further information regarding the BLE transmission protocol, I believe this link will also be helpful which it's some of the information available in the NXP knowledge-center.

Besides that, you can also check the Bluetooth® Low Energy Applications Developer’s Guide and the Bluetooth Low Energy API reference manual

Best regards, 

Estephania 

yoursunny
Contributor III

These document seems to be targeting the KW41 chip. However, there isn't any SDK examples for the KW41 ("import SDK examples" shows an empty list after selecting KW41).

I want to create GATT characteristics to report sensor readings.

How can I use BLE from K64 chip, with the factory KW41 firmware? Or, if I have to program the KW41, is there a "hello_world" for me to get started?

0 Kudos

theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a project for KW41Z but not as "Example project", you have to import it from the file system, it is located under SDK path at SDK_2.2_RapidIoT_MKW41Z4\boards\rpk_kw41z\rapid_iot_apps\rpk_kw41z_hybrid

This is the default application flashed in KW41Z

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

As the KW41Z it's  running a host controlled interface you could send the commands to work with the network, I believe there are quite useful posts and examples in the community such as these: 

IDE 

https://community.nxp.com/thread/490773 

If you still have any doubt after reading those, just let me know. 

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos