cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Very Slow while Debugging

Jump to solution
pcpro178
Contributor III

Today, I noticed that MCUXpresso is very slow while debugging.  For example, single stepping now takes at least 10 seconds, longer if stepping over a function call. Any clues on how to fix this would be great.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pcpro178
Contributor III

I closed a bunch of unused views and followed the instructions at this link to increase the memory available to the IDE, and the problem seems to have cleared up.

Increase Eclipse Memory Size to avoid OutOfMemory (OOM) on Startup - Java Heap Space • Crunchify 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jim,

which views do you have open? For example if you have the FreeRTOS task list (or other views) open, they will need to get data from the target which can slow down things.

The other thing I have noticed (not MCUXpresso, but Eclipse in general) is that sometimes virtual machines and their network drivers can slow down any network communication (which is used by the debug probes, btw).

Or firewall software which check things on the internet for every network access.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
pcpro178
Contributor III

I closed a bunch of unused views and followed the instructions at this link to increase the memory available to the IDE, and the problem seems to have cleared up.

Increase Eclipse Memory Size to avoid OutOfMemory (OOM) on Startup - Java Heap Space • Crunchify 

0 Kudos