cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Software - two processors

janvogel
Contributor I

Hello,

the scenario is the following: I have software, that means an MCUXpresso C-Project, that is supposed to run on a Kinetis KV56 (MKV56F512VLL24). But now, i want to take that software (with some extensions added by conditional compilation), and use it on a board that happens to have an MKV56F1M0VLL24 equipped. Is there an elegant way to do this? Can get away with using just one MCUXpresso project for both processors since the only difference is slightly different memory? Ideally i would like to get the smaller binary and the bigger binary at the same time from one project.

When i want to change the processor assigned to my project, the defined symbols don't change and the conditional compilation in the CMSIS and fsl-drivers don't work as they should. Also the IDE states that i will lose my custom memory layout, so i would have to export and import it everytime i switch. The only way i see now is to create a second project specifically for the MKV56F1M0VLL24  and share  (link) the source files into the old and the new Project, which still seems relatively complicated because then i have to maintain two Projects with 99% identical settings and compile two different projects everytime to get the two binaries.

Best regards,

jv

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I think it is possible to use one project for both chips.

The difference of both chips is Flash and SRAM memory size, while the Flash memory address is continuous.

You can use the project based on MKV56F1M0VLL24. Set macro definition to mask code to be compiled for MKV56F512VLL24 chip.

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos