Two flexcomm interfaces running has USARTs at the same time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two flexcomm interfaces running has USARTs at the same time?

carlosmedeiros
Contributor I

Hello , I'm currently working with the LPC51U68  that has 8FLEXCOMM interfaces that can support USART.

Does anyone knows if I can have two FLEXCOMM interfaces has USARTS running at the same time, one for debugging the other for communicaitong with a cpu, from a board that i am working on. In the previous version of this board the developer used a USART to communicate with the cpu but it did not have a USART for debugging.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos Medeiros,

You can use multiple UART at the same time.

Please check the user manual, this content:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

So, actually, you can use 8 UARTs at the same time.

But , you said use one UART for debugging, what do you mean? Program the code to the chip or just used to printf some information? UART can't be used as the debugger.

So, maybe you can use it to printf some code run information, but you need to add the according code in your project.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it,  please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

michalisantonio
Contributor I

How to set up FLECOMM1 USART for private_profile_server project to send data over both flecomm0 and flecomm1 in QN9080DK?

I used pin configuration tools to get following in pin_mux.c  and also added  CLOCK_EnableClock(kCLOCK_Flexcomm1);     in clock_config.c but nothing works.

void BOARD_InitPins(void)
{
    SYSCON->PIO_FUNC_CFG[1] = ((SYSCON->PIO_FUNC_CFG[1] &
                                /* Mask bits to zero which are setting */
                                (~(SYSCON_PIO_FUNC_CFG_PA08_FUNC_MASK | SYSCON_PIO_FUNC_CFG_PA09_FUNC_MASK)))
                               /* PORTA PIN8 (coords: 46) is configured as FC1_TXD_SCL. */
                               | SYSCON_PIO_FUNC_CFG_PA08_FUNC(PIO_FUNC_ALT4)
                               /* PORTA PIN9 (coords: 45) is configured as FC1_RXD_SDA. */
                               | SYSCON_PIO_FUNC_CFG_PA09_FUNC(PIO_FUNC_ALT4));
    SYSCON->PIO_FUNC_CFG[2] = ((SYSCON->PIO_FUNC_CFG[2] &
                                (~(SYSCON_PIO_FUNC_CFG_PA16_FUNC_MASK | SYSCON_PIO_FUNC_CFG_PA17_FUNC_MASK)))
                               /* PORTA PIN16 (coords: 29) is configured as FC0_TXD. */
                               | SYSCON_PIO_FUNC_CFG_PA16_FUNC(PIO_FUNC_ALT4)
                               /* PORTA PIN17 (coords: 28) is configured as FC0_RXD. */
                               | SYSCON_PIO_FUNC_CFG_PA17_FUNC(PIO_FUNC_ALT4));
    SYSCON->PIO_PULL_CFG[0] = ((SYSCON->PIO_PULL_CFG[0] &
                                (~(SYSCON_PIO_PULL_CFG_PA08_PULL_MASK)))
                               /* Pull control register: Selects High-Z function. */
                               | SYSCON_PIO_PULL_CFG_PA08_PULL(PIO_MODE_HIGHZ));
}
0 Kudos

michalisantonio
Contributor I

Hi, I use QN9080DK flecomm0 and flexcomm1. Flexomm0 connect to USART to RS485 converter but this converter has  RTS pin. How set RTS of converter to low at QN9080DK so i can receive data and high to send data?How can i use RTS or CTS of QN9080DK to control flow control as per page 29 of QN908x data sheet?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michalis,

Please create a new question post for yourself, then we will help you in your own post directly, don't follow your question in other's answered post.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos