Did you mean: 

Overflow in segment: code from section: .text coldfire v2

christianlara
Contributor III

I need help urgently, please help me

Processor: 52233 codewarrior eclipse

Configuration: FLASH[Active]

I have this error 
Overflow in segment: code from section: .text Segment reserved size is: 0x00005300 -- Overflow of: 0x00005aa4 39_13_23_IN1UP C/C++ Problem

and this warning: Description Resource Path Location Type
__cfm(.cfmconfig) in file Vectors_c.obj is referenced but has not been written. Check your linker command file. 39_13_23_IN1UP C/C++ Problem

I already configured the settings: tool settings:

optimization as 1,2,4, Speed vs Size: as size as speed, inlining, nothing works

Processor:  Smart(16/32) and Far32 nothing works,  

Data Model Far(32bit).

Please help me with this error.

I attach the elf.xMAP file

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In essence, the linker message means that you have not enough flash memory to fit in your code. The map file does not tell much to me. Have you tried to reduce your application (e.g. just with an empty main to see if that works)?

0 Kudos

christianlara
Contributor III

The error happens when I discomment  init_Menu. Can you help me?

00_error_.pngcode.jpg

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You really have to understand your code and potentially remove things to make it fit into your available memory. I don't have knowledge of your code or application, so there is not much I can do.

christianlara
Contributor III

ok, I agree with that, but can you give me a clue about this warning, I think  this the root of the problem

the warning is
__cfm(.cfmconfig) in file Vectors_c.obj is referenced but has not been written. Check your linker command file.

thanks

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

can you compare your linker file with a working version where you don't get that warning?

0 Kudos

christianlara
Contributor III

Thank you, The problem was solved by importing an earlier version of the project.

0 Kudos

christianlara
Contributor III

This code was working fine, but i have to format my computer because a virus, I am building this Project again with the code that was working, I am filling the project with my code and compile fine, in a given point when i insert a large unit the error is given, the matters is that this code was working fine before i format my computer, why is this now overflowing?

thanks. greetings.

0 Kudos