Code generation Assembler error "No rule to make target" when using model reference

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code generation Assembler error "No rule to make target" when using model reference

yujiangwu
Contributor III

I need to be able to generate code from model reference instead of subsystem approach.

When I try to do that, I encountered the following error:

Assembler details : "C:\Freescale\”CW MCU v10.7“/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwasmeppc" -vle -DVLE_IS_ON -proc Zen -list -gccincludes -nostdinc -c gmake: *** No rule to make target `crt0.s', needed by `crt0.o'. Stop.

I have attached all the models and the log including

Model Reference Approach 

• model.slx - the child
  • modelReference.slx - the parent
  • modelReferenceInit.m - A script you can run to generate bus object and simulink signals  
  • modelReference_20181207_113711.txt - Log file from diagnostic viewer 

Subsystem Approach

• modelsubsystem - the subsystem approach
  • modelsubsystem_build_20181207_114239.txt-Log file from diagnostic viewer 

The code generation seems completed in both cases. But different error got reported as well.

Model Reference

pastedImage_2.png

Subsystem

pastedImage_1.png

The subsystem version did give me a code generation report, which is acceptable

The modelReference probably gave up earlier so that I didn't get a code generation report

Does anyone have clue how to fix this? I did research on the internet and it didn't help that much. Thank you for the help in advance.I am using matlab 2018a by the way.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello yujiangwu‌,

I couldn't reproduce your error for the subsystem approach, but I am currently using CW v11.0; I will get the 10.7 version (the one that I see you are using) and try and figure what is happening. In the meanwhile, could you try with v11.0?

Assembler details : "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwasmeppc" -vle -DVLE_IS_ON -proc Zen -list -gccincludes -nostdinc -c
Building assembly file crt0.o...
Building assembly file sw_handlers.o...
Building assembly file excep_handler.o...
Building file modelsubsystem.o...
Building file intc_init.o...
Building file intc_sw_vectable.o...
Building file rappid_main.o...
Building file rappid_utils.o...
Building file romcopy.o...
Building file siu_init.o...
Building file sys_init.o...
Building file sysclk_init.o...
==== Creating modelsubsystem.out from obj files ====
"C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc" crt0.o sw_handlers.o excep_handler.o modelsubsystem.o intc_init.o intc_sw_vectable.o rappid_main.o rappid_utils.o romcopy.o siu_init.o sys_init.o sysclk_init.o -o modelsubsystem.elf -gdwarf-2 -fp spfp_only -char unsigned -proc Zen -m _start -nostdlib -srec -lcf MPC564xLFlash.lcf -romaddr 0x00003000 -rambuffer 0x00003000 "MCLIB_MPC564xL.PPCEABI.V.UC.a" "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Support/ewl/lib/libc_E200z446_VLE_SPFP_Only.a" "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Support/ewl/lib/librt_E200z446_VLE_SPFP_Only.a" -Map modelsubsystem.map
Created executable: modelsubsystem.elf
Building target all
*** Created executable: modelsubsystem.elf
### Successful completion of build procedure for model: modelsubsystem

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos