minimum fuse settings for boot from fuse

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum fuse settings for boot from fuse

dluberger
Contributor V

My imx6 solox eval board is currently using gpio overrides for boot settings; these set boot_cfg1, boot_cfg2, and bootcfg_4, which are fuse absolute address 0x450[31:0]. I have a single setting that I need to set that's only available via fuses, which is low-power boot. My question is: what is the minimum set of fuses to blow in order to duplicate the gpio overrides, plus set low power boot?

Will the following work?

From u-boot:

fuse blow 0 5 0x00003440 (this duplicates the gpio override default settings for SD card #4 as boot device)

fuse blow 0 6 0x00000010 (blows BT_FUSE_SEL to specify that fuses are set)

fuse blow 0 7 0x00000060 (blows LPB fuses to enable LPB and set to div by 4).

Is that ALL that's needed for blowing fuses? I realize I have to set the boot mode switches to boot from fuses, but will the eval board behave exactly the same as it shipped from the factory (aside from LPB setting) with the above fuse settings? There are a lot of fuses in the fusemap section of the reference manual, and it doesn't tell me whether any fuses NEED to be blown in order to operate normally when booting from fuses.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David Luberger,

My apologies for the delay. The Boot Fusemap is listed on section 5.1 of the i.MX6SX Reference Manual.

There is not a minimum fuse setting configuration that I can refer to, but as long as you have defined the necessary parameters your board should boot correctly.

First you would need to select the boot device BOOT_CFG1[6:4] to fix it to a specific boot source and then configure the parameters of this boot source.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos