Boot problems with yocto sumo on imx8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot problems with yocto sumo on imx8

s233199
Contributor II

Hello, I am using Yocto sumo on nxp imx8qmlpddr4arm2, with kernel 4.14. I have normally compiled a wayland image and flashed it on my sdcard but when I boot the board nothing happens. It seems that the bootloader is not loaded. I am using minicom to see the board output. Am I missing some steps? Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Erica Magari,

The 4.14 BSP is in beta status right now so it’s not currently supported, but I would double check the MACHINE you are setting up as I couldn’t find imx8qmlpddr4arm2 on the available machine configurations.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos

s233199
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula, thank you for the answer. Previously I was using Yocto Morty, but I needed support for spi slave mode and morty's kernel does not offer it. I also found this patch (spi: lpspi: Add Slave Mode support for LPSPI - Patchwork ) wich provides spi slave support for mx8qm too., but it supposes to use the new kernel. How can I load this new kernel in my board then? I thought I could solve my problems with sumo, but if this is not the case, I wonder how I can achieve it.  Thank you for your help,

Erica

0 Kudos