cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset command in uboot leads to pmic not found

kunalkotecha
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using imx6ull based custom board. I am able to boot properly, but when I apply reset command from uboot, it is not able to boot after reset. Uboot comes up with an error as " pmic not found, please reset the board".

I am surprised that it is able to detect pmic in uboot when board boots normally, then with reset command why am I not able to detect pmic in uboot??!!

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It is highly recommended to remove power (voltage source) to all components on the board in
the event of a processor reset. This avoids having to determine if a component critical to rebooting

the processor is in the necessary state to support a reboot. Components that fit this category include

(but may not be limited to):
- eMMC memory card (if the hardware RST_B pin is not connected
- SD Card/socket (if the reset pin is not used to remove power to the SD Card)
- QSPI
- NOR
- LPDDR2/3 memory

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos