cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Flash yocto images to imx8mq evk from ubuntu 16.04 pc

santoshrao
Contributor II

Hi friends,

Please guide me how to flash images to emmc of the imx8mq evk from ubuntu 16.04. i was tried so many ways but we are not able to flash images to that evk by using MFG tool which provided by NXP . I think we are facing usb HID compliant problems.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

andranikaslanya
Contributor I

Try with sudo - that helped me.

[andranik@ubuntu:tmp ]$ ./uuu -b sd_all imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flash_evk fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk.sdcard
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.2.91-0-g3799f4d

Success 0 Failure 1

2:16 1/ 0 [Failure open usb device,Try ]
[andranik@ubuntu:tmp ]$ sudo ./uuu -b sd_all imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flash_evk fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk.sdcard
[sudo] password for andranik:
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.2.91-0-g3799f4d

Success 1 Failure 0

2:16 6/ 6 [Done ] FB: done

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Santosh Rao

Which version of the Manufacturing Tool are you using? A common problem is that the Manufacturing Tool version and BSP version do not match exactly.

You mention using Ubuntu 16.04. The current releases of the manufacturing tool work on Windows. If you could detail a bit more which version you are using I may be able to double check if there’s Linux functionality but I would also recommend testing it on Windows to see if you can successfully load the image.

Regards,

0 Kudos

santoshrao
Contributor II

Thanks for giving info. From windows MFG tool is working fine but I want flash from Ubuntu PC.

I tried in lot of ways but its not working why I dont know if you know this help me.

It is possible to flash from Ubuntu ?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Santosh Rao

As of today, I’m afraid the manufacturing tool would be the only supported tool to load the image to the eMMC of the EVK. You can load the image on an SD card using an Ubuntu host.

The next version of the manufacturing tool (Universal Update Utility or UUU) will support Linux. You can see more details on the link below:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341877

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

santoshrao
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula,

I tried above document so many times but still I am not getting. Please find below error.

santosh@localhost:~/Desktop/Images$ uuu  imx-boot-imx8mqevk-sd.bin-flash_evk
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- lib

Success 0    Failure 1                                                         

3:8    1/ 0   [Failure open usb device,Try ]

0 Kudos