Errors using LPSPI on RT1050 as Slave

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors using LPSPI on RT1050 as Slave

peter_lombrozo
Contributor IV

I'm trying to run the LPSPI examples in the SDK (evkbimxrt1050_cmsis_lpspi_int_b2b_transfer_slave) on my EVKB board with a SPI USB emulator (TotalPhase) as Master on my Windows 10.  I'm able to send correct data to the RT1050, but the return data is corrupted.  In addition to using the CMSIS send/receive commands, I've also tried the Transfer command with the same results. Also tried switching from SPI3 to SPI1 channels that are connected to the J24 connector.

When I try to load the TX data buffer for output to the PC Master with anything other than 0's, even the data *sent* to the RT1050 is corrupted.

I saw that the errata for the RT1050 indicated there is an issue if writing to the TCR then writing to the FIFO (ERR011097).  Does this affect the performance of the LPSPI port in the RT1050?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which SDK version are you using?

0 Kudos

peter_lombrozo
Contributor IV

jimmychan->  I'm using 2.4.0, manifest 3.3.0.  I'm realizing now there might be a problem in the USB SPI emulator I'm using where the clock timing is off sending and receiving each bit.  The loopback example (SPI1 <-> SPI3) works.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is 2.5.0 SDK. Please try the latest version of SDK.

0 Kudos

peter_lombrozo
Contributor IV

Yes, did upgrade, no change.  Even sending 1 byte from RT1050 as slave to master only got 4 bits, rest are 0.

0 Kudos