cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1064 Flash Write Failure

Jump to solution
thomasm
Contributor III

Running example program 'evkmimxrt1064_lwip_ping_freertos' on MIMXRT1064-EVK eval board causes flash write failure (see attached). How do I enable the internal flash area on the 1064?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Monthei,

Hi Thomas Monthei,
Thanks for your reply.
It seems so weird, as Fig 1 illustrates, I don't change any location of jumpers, meanwhile, my board is as same as yours.

pastedImage_1.png
So I'd like to know whether you are able to debug this board, another suggestion, maybe you can try other IDEs, like the Keil, IAR, etc.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Monthei,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I'm able to program the i.MX RT1064 via the GUI flash tool as the Fig 1 illustrates.

Fig1.jpg
I'd like to suggest you clean or import the project again before clicking the GUI flash tool icon, in addition, confirm the boot mode is the default which boots from the internal QSPI flash.

2018-12-06_16-38-59.jpg
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
thomasm
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply!

I verified that SW7-3 is on (all others off), downloaded a fresh copy of MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1 [Build 795] [2018-07-25], created a new workspace, imported a fresh copy of the project, checked for updates, built the example in release mode, and attempted to flash; flash failed: 

pastedImage_1.png

I'm currently running Rev. A hardware, not sure if that's a factor ( 700-32221 Rev A, SCH-32221 Rev A). 

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Monthei,

Hi Thomas Monthei,
Thanks for your reply.
It seems so weird, as Fig 1 illustrates, I don't change any location of jumpers, meanwhile, my board is as same as yours.

pastedImage_1.png
So I'd like to know whether you are able to debug this board, another suggestion, maybe you can try other IDEs, like the Keil, IAR, etc.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos
thomasm
Contributor III

Thanks very much! I obtained another evaluation board and this one is working. Thank you very much for your assistance! 

Tom

0 Kudos