Kinetis K28 FRDM-K28F FlexIO LCD

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K28 FRDM-K28F FlexIO LCD

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

We are planning a new platform for future products.  The Kinetis K22 with M4 core has worked well for us so far, but we need a few more peripherals with high-speed USB being a main requirement.  Though we may need graphical LCDs at some point, most of our products will not, so the K7x would not make sense.  I narrowed the Kinetis family list down to the K28 as FlexIO is an option for a future LCD or really just about any peripheral that we aren't currently planning for, which I believe is the purpose of FlexIO!

For a technology demo, I'm planning to purchase the FRDM-K28F board and connect a touch LCD which I read somewhere is possible.

1)  Is there a recommended touch-LCD that will work with the FRDM-K28F (please provide a link)?

2)  Is there example/demo code for making the LCD work with the FRDM-K28F using FlexIO?

1 Reply

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Answer to your questions: Does it a MUST with a touch-LCD panel? I am afraid we only provide a Graphical LCD. See an application note here: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5280.pdf