cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse audio in IMX6

Jump to solution
anjojohn
Contributor IV

Hi All, i am trying to get pulse audio working in imx6 dual. Have added pulseaudio in image file and pulseaudio server and pactl, pacmd are present in image. But the pulse server is not starting. moreover if i try to start the pulseserver manually, gives me an error 

pulseaudio
W: [pulseaudio] main.c: This program is not intended to be run as root (unless --system is specified).
W: [pulseaudio] alsa-util.c: Unable to load mixer: Input/output error
W: [pulseaudio] sink.c: Default and alternate sample rates are the same.
W: [pulseaudio] source.c: Default and alternate sample rates are the same.
W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to open cookie file '/home/root/.config/pulse/cookie': No such file or directory
W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to load authentication key '/home/root/.config/pulse/cookie': No such file or directory
W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to open cookie file '/home/root/.pulse-cookie': No such file or directory
W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to load authentication key '/home/root/.pulse-cookie': No such file or directory
W: [pulseaudio] server-lookup.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead
W: [pulseaudio] main.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead

Please let me know if anyone successfully configured pulseaudio for imx6.

Tags (3)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi anjo

pulse audio is supported in nxp bsps located on

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

For testing one can try steps described in sect.7.4 Pulseaudio input/output settings

attached Linux Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
anjojohn
Contributor IV

Hi igorpadykov,

Thank you for the quick response. I was building with "DISTRO=fslc-framebuffer", which disables pulseaudio

if pulseaudio is installed in the rootfs, the pulseaudio input/output settings may need to be set. Pulse audio is only available for the X11 back-end Yocto Project rootfs.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi anjo

pulse audio is supported in nxp bsps located on

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

For testing one can try steps described in sect.7.4 Pulseaudio input/output settings

attached Linux Guide.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!