T4240RDB bricked, won't boot sdcard

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4240RDB bricked, won't boot sdcard

freescale2
Contributor I

I have a T4240RDB. I flashed a new fman_ucode to what I believed to be the correct address in memory (I'm assuming it wasn't...) and reset. The board immediately hung. Bank4 u-boot does not appear to work. Some banks I see the ethernet leds light, others not, but never get u-boot on console.

I then spent time trying to build a working SDCARD image (Layerscape 1809, QoriQ SDK 2.0), but the board refuses to use the RCW/u-boot off of the SD card despite trying various things like adding T4240RDB_SDCARD to the layer config, manually dd'ing ucodes and u-boots onto the SD card, etc. 

1. Is it possible to obtain a known-good SD card image that will boot T4240RDB. It is not in the images ISO for the SDK.

2. I did run saveenv earlier, is it possible I can reset the u-boot config?

3. Is SPI or I2C based ISP programming of the NOR flash possible without JTAG?

4. For flashing the NOR, is codewarrior actually required, or would urJTAG work (codewarrior seems cranky to run under modern linux/jdk)

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Section 10.2.1 of SDK 2.0-1703 documentation:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

Find the "Procedure for SD card:" in this Section.

Find the "For T-series SoCs:"

Find the following:

2.1) write fman ucode to SD card from block 0x820

=>tftp 100000 fsl_fman_ucode_xx.bin

=>mmc write 100000 820 block_number

Note: default format in u-boot is hex.

Therefore "=>mmc write 100000 820 block_number" is the following:

=>mmc write 0x100000 0x820 block_number

The 0x820 is 2080 is decimal format.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

freescale2
Contributor I

I was able to create a bootable SDby doing the following with files from the build dirs in QoriQ SDK and LayerSDK. Not ideal but good enough to restore NOR flash.

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M oflag=sync count=8

sudo dd if=u-boot-with-spl-pbl.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=8 oflag=sync

sudo dd if=fsl_fman_ucode_t4240_r2.0_108_4_5.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=2080 oflag=sync

0 Kudos