steps for going to efuses?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps for going to efuses?

dluberger
Contributor V

I want to enable the low power boot mode on my imx6sx processor, but it can only be done through fuses. I've only ever used gpio override mode and i'm worried i'm going to brick my eval board.  The reference manual gives a table of settings that can be enabled via fuses, and my understanding is that going from a "0" to a "1" is non-reversible, so I only want to set the fuses that I absolutely need. I'm using the SoloX SABRE SD eval board, so I would want to duplicate the boot device settings and then only add the low power boot mode (i'm looking to use the absolutely lowest frequency settings in low power boot mode).

I know u-boot comes with the "fuse" command, but I'm worried I'll screw something up if I jump in blindly.  Is there a guide with explicit steps and fuse register values to use? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes. Efuse programming is non-reversible.

You can use Shadow Registers for testing purposes prior to program the fuses.
In simply words Shadow Registers may be considered as fuse’s cache.
They allow to read and override fuse values in shadow cache without affecting fuse elements.

Linux fsl_otp driver provides the function to program fuses.
It is possible to write directly to shadow registers.
The values will not be programmed to fuse if the corresponding operation flow is not performed.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos