Can't connect to SWD device after using BOARD_BootClockFROHF48M()

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to SWD device after using BOARD_BootClockFROHF48M()

Jump to solution
daniel_wetzel
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using the OM13089 development board which includes the LPC54414.

After using the function BOARD_BootClockFROHF48M() to change the frequency the debug process crashed and since that point I am not able to connect to the SWD device anymore.

The reason to why this occured is probably because I didn't use the function CLOCK_AttachClk(BOARD_DEBUG_UART_CLK_ATTACH) before to enable the debug console to run with 12MHz.

But since the board won't allow the Link2 to connect to the SWD device anymore I don't know how to change the frequency back.

Is there any way to hard reset the board without using the Link2 connection?

Best regards,

Daniel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Wetzel,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Whether the MCU becomes 'brick' now, if yes, I'd like to you to force the LPC54114 enter UART ISP mode, then erase the full flash area to recover the MCU.

pastedImage_1.png
You can learn how to use the Flash Magic connect with the LPC MCU via the below link.

https://learn.adafruit.com/getting-started-with-the-lpc810/programming-the-lpc810-with-flash-magic
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Wetzel,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Whether the MCU becomes 'brick' now, if yes, I'd like to you to force the LPC54114 enter UART ISP mode, then erase the full flash area to recover the MCU.

pastedImage_1.png
You can learn how to use the Flash Magic connect with the LPC MCU via the below link.

https://learn.adafruit.com/getting-started-with-the-lpc810/programming-the-lpc810-with-flash-magic
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

daniel_wetzel
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou,

This method was successful to recover my MCU.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Daniel Wetzel

0 Kudos