cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No serial connection to DR1174

lutz_hoffmann
Contributor I

Hi.

I connected the DR1174 carrier Board (with a JN5169 module) via ‘USB A to Mini B’ cable to my PC. As discribed in JN-AN-1217 I would expect a new Serial connection to show up in my device manager. But all I see is that Windows 10 recognizes my carrier board as a „Seiko Istruments InkLink Handwriting System“  and in the device manager a new HID Device shows up. When I connect the OM15020 JN5169 USB Dongle to my PC I get a new serial connection.

What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lutz_hoffmann
Contributor I

Hi Mario.

I uninstalled the FTDI driver and installed it again as suggested. The result is still the same.
I also tried to Factory Reset the Carrier Board. This did not change its behavior eather. Are there any jumper settings, that could lead to the discribed behavior?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lutz,

These are the Jumpers settings that you should have.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

lutz_hoffmann
Contributor I

Hi Mario.
My jumper settings seem to be correct. I still have no serial connection to the development board.

Is there another way to program the board without additional hardware?

Regards,

Lutz

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lutz,

Do you have the Seiko Instruments InkLink Handwriting System driver installed for other devices?

Windows takes that driver and use for the JN board. As you know, the carrier board has a USB to serial converter, FTDI. I recommend uninstalling all the drivers that you have and connect the device.

You will see something like this.

pastedImage_2.png

After that, you must update the device with the drivers www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm, and Windows should assign a COM port to that device.

Please let me know if the customer has any problem

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lutz,

Could you please uninstall the drivers and install it again?

You will find the FTDI drivers following the next link and install the drivers directly for the JN Carrier board.

www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos