FSCI - KW41Z - Change parameters (TX Power, Channel, etc.)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSCI - KW41Z - Change parameters (TX Power, Channel, etc.)

bobr-rigado
Contributor III

I'm trying to use the KW41Z with FSCI for 802.15.4 communications. What is the best way to do the following on-the-fly:

1) Change PAN ID

2) Change TX Power Level

3) Change RF Channel

At the moment, it seems a hard reset is required before I can make any of these changes. Is there a way to do this without any reset?

6 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Just to make sure I fully understand what you are trying to do, you have a network already formed and you want to change all the network to a different PAN ID and also modify the TX Power Level and RF Channel with the network formed? 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

christopher_vos
Contributor I

Hello Estephania,

Any updates?

Regards,

Christopher

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for the late reply, there are APIs to change TX PWR using calls to the NIB attributes or directly to the PHY and the Network Update command can be used to distribute and set a new channel for the whole network. You could use Dual PAN to be part of 2 networks and switch between 2 PANs but it’s not expected in Zigbee to change the PANID and try to communicate to another network on the fly, that’d require you to leave a network and join the other network because of the network configuration and security of each network.

Regards, 

Estephania 

bobr-rigado
Contributor III

Hello Estephania,

Yes. There are several networks in the vicinity. This product needs to switch between the networks on-the-fly.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos

bobr-rigado
Contributor III

More specifically, we need change PAN configuration with the coordinator on the fly.

0 Kudos

bobr-rigado
Contributor III

Hello Estephania,

Any updates?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos