cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my crystal circuit for MKW01 not work

luws
Contributor II

Hi dear,

I design a MKW01Z128CHN board refer to KW01-9032 demo board and MKW01 datasheet Chapter 9 " Typical Applications Circuit", with a oscillation circuit including a 32MHz crystal (100ppm, 3225), two 11pF capacitance (C7 and C4, 0402).  I use 265 degrees heat gun to solder the MCU and crystal manually. Then I found the clock circuit do not work as followed:  

1. When I use J-Link, most time it cannot connect to target. Only a few times I can flash the code into the target. When I use debug function, after download the code, it cannot start working.

2. When the MCU work standalone without J-Link, most time the crystal cannot start oscillation. Some time I touch the board can start the oscillation and the MCU will work OK. 

Besides, I found VR_DIG and VR_ANA have no stable output.

Can you help me to analyze the phenomenon: Is it (1) because of my solder artwork? Or (2) because of the parameter of C21 and C22? Or (3) because of my PCB layout trace of oscillation circuit?

The schematic diagram and PCB layout are as attached, together with KDS Jlink config. 

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wenshaui,

Besides, I found VR_DIG and VR_ANA have no stable output.

This output value is not recommended for reference on your circuit.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos