How can I upgrade QT version from 5.4 to 5.8?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upgrade QT version from 5.4 to 5.8?

wangtsungli
Contributor IV

Hi Community,

Presently, I'm using Yocto project imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga and I use i.MX6 sabre-SD Quad as my platform.

For this Yocto version, it includes QT 5.4.

Now I'm trying to upgrade QT version to 5.8.

What should I do?

Do I need to use Yocto project 2.4?

Or Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks in Advanced!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tsung

one can migrate to Linux 4.9.11, it uses Qt5.8 as described in

sect.2.1 New features attached Release Notes.

Linux 4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP & Multimedia Codecs Documentation

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717061... 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wangtsungli
Contributor IV

igorpadykov 留言:

Hi tsung

one can migrate to Linux 4.9.11, it uses Qt5.8 as described in

sect.2.1 New features attached Release Notes.

Linux 4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP & Multimedia Codecs Documentation

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717061... 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Thanks for your reply.

I'm wondering what is the difference between fsl-image-qt5 and fsl-image-validation-qt5-imx?

As the i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide document showed, I should l build fsl-image-validation-qt5-imx to have my QT5 image and using hardware graphics.

But in fsl-yocto_L4.9.11_1.0.0 folder there is a README file, it said you could build image with fsl-image-gui or fsl-image-qt5 to have fsl-image-gui with QT 5.8.

I can tell the difference between fsl-image-qt5 and fsl-image-validation-qt5-imx.

Which is more proper in my condition?

0 Kudos