How is the Rapid Iot sensor data sent to the cloud?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the Rapid Iot sensor data sent to the cloud?

Jump to solution
mrharmonsr
Contributor III

I would like to understand the connectivity of the Rapid Iot kit.  Where can I find documentation?

I can provision and connect to the Rapid Iot from my iPhone.  I assume this is a BLE connection.

(Awfully  inconvenient having to re-provision every time I use the device)

When I connect to the website via a browser I can see data using a quick glance widgit.

(However I can't get date from the Rapid IOT application and the graph feature works intermittently)

Is my iPhone routing the sensor data to the cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the phone is receiving data from the kit via BLE and send them to the cloud over Wifi connection or hotspot.

This scenario is one of the behaviors described in the factory sheet available on the product page documentation.

pastedImage_1.png

Moreover, you will find documentation of the connectivity part of Rapid-IoT in the Software Development Kit available in the Software&Tool under the path: SLN-RPK-NODE-SDK\SDK_2.2_RapidIoT_MKW41Z4\docs\wireless".

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the phone is receiving data from the kit via BLE and send them to the cloud over Wifi connection or hotspot.

This scenario is one of the behaviors described in the factory sheet available on the product page documentation.

pastedImage_1.png

Moreover, you will find documentation of the connectivity part of Rapid-IoT in the Software Development Kit available in the Software&Tool under the path: SLN-RPK-NODE-SDK\SDK_2.2_RapidIoT_MKW41Z4\docs\wireless".

Regards,

0 Kudos