cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K22FN512 Bootloader with PE

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hello 

I am using K22FN512 device and my application is bootloader.

I have a bootloader code which is working but it dose not have PE components.

I have setup another bootloader code with PE components but it is not working. 

The data written from flash location address 0x6800  is same in both the cases but the jump to application does not work with bootloader with PE components. it crashes in copy rom to ram section in application code. 

but jump works when used without any PE components. 

the linker files are different in both cases for bootloaders. i have attached the same

The first linker file attached is with PE and the other is without PE

can you point me in right direction to where is problem exactly.

Thanks

Regards,

Anuj

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Anuj Tanksali,

I highly recommend you use the bootloader without the PE component, because the PE component is not updated now, even it have problems, no one can fix it now.

So, if the no PE bootloader works, please use that one, or you also can use the KBOOT2.0 bootloader, which can be downloaded from this link:

MCU Bootloader|NXP 

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hello Kerry,

Thanks for your reply.

If there is any sample project of boot loader with PE components for K22F please share it.

I will check if my PE component settings are ok.

Regards,

Anuj

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Anuj,

As I know, the official side still don't have it.

Why you don't want to use the none PE bootloader code, actually, PE code is very redundancy, even from the code saving side, you also need to use the none PE bootloader code.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos