cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K66 Bootloader and application NOT start

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hello,

I developed on K66 an application using FreeRTOS, and flashed to MK66FX1M018 work fine (debug and release version).

Now I have downloaded KDS bootloader 2_0_0 and flashed to K66 at start address 0xA000 (I use only USB for download app), I connect through USB using KinetisFlashTool for download application and all seems to be fine. But when the app start initialize the display correctly but the task (USB, MODBUS and other) doesn't start.

Where could be the problem ???

MCUXpresso used for application - MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 [Build 411] [2017-07-11] 

Kinetis Design Studio for bootloader 

Thanks a lot for help me

Marco

Tags (3)
15 Replies

beth_altshuler
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to use a bootloader for the K66.  I have the development board and I have been trying to follow along with the example in the MCU Bootloader Reference Manual, Rev3 , 11/2018.   On pg 124, Step 5 it asks to "Extract functions from the address of mmcau_aes_init and save.  From where and save to ???   I also cannot find the mmcau_function_cm4.bin file.   

Thank-you,

Beth

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Beth,

I didn't extract the functions from address for run bootloader on device K66.

Best regards

Marco

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

the application work under FreeRTOS and on begining (out of task) I initialized del alphanumeric display.

When the boot-loader jump to application I see the alphanumeric display initialised but the task do not start (I see through a led on my task), but after 1-2 minutes the task run and the application work fine.

This problem occur in only with the boot-loader, I have not seen this issue  if I load application directly.

I hope I have explained clearly

At your disposal for more information.

Thanks

Marco

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco:

I guess the PIT timer is initialized  during boot time, and in your application, this timer is initialized again though this PIT is still running. My suggestion is you need to reset/stop the PIT timer before you  use it again. So your solution can work.

Regards

Daniel

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

thanks a lot for your support.

I would ask one more question: how I can do for porting bootloader for MK22F512 (MCUXpresso and SDK) for my MK22F256 mcu project ?

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Marco:

Please refer to the chapter 9 of the MCU Bootloader  Reference Manul:

It is under the middleware/mcu-boot/doc

pastedImage_1.png

Please refer to the document for more details

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I will try as you suggests.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Marco

I have resolved.

Thanks again.

Marco

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I'm following your suggestion, so I downloaded MCUXpresso IDE 10.2.1 and I add a component software bootloader and installed.

When I try to compile it become an error :

Description Resource Path Location Type
fatal error: wchar.h: No such file or directory fat_directory_entry.h /frdmk66f_freedom_bootloader/source/usb/bm_composite line 11 C/C++ Problem

is not defined wchar.h but the file is in :   C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.1_795\ide\tools\arm-none-eabi\include

I tryed to include in: C/C++ General -> Path and Symbols , I resolve the problem above but become conflict error.

Wich is the correct solution ??

Thanks

Marco

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco:

I can not reproduce your issue on my side.  I use MCUXpresso IDE 10.2.1 and SDK_2.4.1 on Windows PC.

Do you use Windows or Linux? I didn't try it in Linux environment.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

thanks for replay.

I'm using Windows 10.

I discovered that the application start to work after about (more or less) 1 minutes. So after a long debug and trials I found that the problem was probabily on the function "void PDI_Timer_Interrupt(void)", to resolve the issue I had to add

"PIT_StopTimer(BOARD_PIT, BOARD_PIT_CHANNEL);" 

pastedImage_1.png

Could be this the solution on my issue ?

Thanks

Marco

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco:

Sorry I don't understand what you mean when you saying the application start to work after about 1 minute. Could you clarify it?

The function  PDI_Timer_Interrupt is in your application code or boot loader ? Did you initialize the PIT  anywhere else?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

the application stand alone is work fine, so why the issue is on application ? The problem start when from bootloader jump to application, so it could be some bootloader configuration that goes against the application ?

Thanks for your support

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your replay.

I use MCUXpresso because is the new nxp IDE, but when I tryed to use MCUXpress IDE 10.2.1 with bootloader the example doesn't work, so now I wil try again as you suggest.

Do you think that this could be make my issue ?

Thanks

Marco

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco:

From my understanding, the boot loader and the application are two separated process.  In your case, the boot is Ok, and the application fails.   I would suggest you start with a simple application to see whether it is Ok.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco

I don't understand why you use MCUXpresso IDE, but use KDS bootloader.

NXP released MCU BOOT for MCUXpresso  IDE.  I would suggest you try to use the lastest bootloader.

Please download MCUXpresso SDK for K66 from here

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Please make sure mcu-boot is selected before you downloading the SDK.

pastedImage_1.png

The boot loader example is located at

SDK_2.4.1_FRDM-K66F\boards\frdmk66f\bootloader_examples

Please use the latest MCUXpress IDE 10.2.1, you can download it from here

MCUXpresso IDE|Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP 

Regards

Daniel