Hello, I'm Gon.
I recently purchased an EVK to check the some operation with pre-built image, but I can't see log from EVK.
My test environment was like below.
1) Test Environment
a. EVK : SABRE for Automotive Infotainment Based on the i.MX 6 Series
- Please refer attached picture.(sabre_ai_board_for_imx6_pic01.jpg)
- There was no SD card in EVK, so I used what I have.
b. reference QSG
c. using BSP and sdcard image
- fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-x11-imx6qdlsolo.sdcard.bz2 in L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_images_MX6QDLSOLO
- fsl-image-validation-imx-x11-imx6qdlsolo.sdcard.bz2 in L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_images_MX6QDLSOLO
2) Test Sequence
Step1> Download BSP and then programming image to SD card through the Etcher tool. ("1)-c" images)
- Please refer attached picture.(sabre_ai_board_for_imx6_sdcard_pic01.PNG)
Step2> Insert SD card in EVK. (J14)
Step3> All of DIP switch was set up default mode refer to QSG. (defauld mode is SD ON CPU CARD)
Step4> Connect "usb to serial(RS232)" cable between EVK and PC.
Step5> Execute terminal program on PC. (115200/8/none/1/none)
Step6> Power on EVK and check terminal program.
3) Test Result : I can't see any log at "Step6".
Here are my check list for analysis.
1. EVK was a new product purchased and used immediately.
2. I have checked a lot of DIP switch settings.
3. RS232 Cable is OK. (I can saw log on another board)
4. SD card created in "Step1" can be normally viewed on another EVK (SABRESD).
: I can't understand why log does not appear. I think any log should be seen at the terminal.
What is wrong and what else should I check more?
I'm searched similar issues in the community, but I can't find same case.
Please help me.