P9S08SH8 have Edge-Aligned PWM Mode  functional?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P9S08SH8 have Edge-Aligned PWM Mode  functional?

xiaolin_gao
Contributor I
P9S08SH8 have Edge-Aligned PWM Mode  functional? thank you!
P What is the meaning ?:smileysad:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

xiaolin_gao
Contributor I
thank you very much!:smileywink:
0 Kudos

xiaolin_gao
Contributor I
thank you,but is there Edge-Aligned PWM Mode functional in P9s08sh8? 謝謝
0 Kudos

denny_george
Contributor I
Hello,

As Peg as said its an "engineering sample" , the sample normally given out to some special customers.

The difference between the normal mass produced ones and the engineering sample lies in the testing part.

Here is the comment from Freescaler Ake who once gave the information regarding this.
"

OK, I have got a paper describing the differences between the Auto and the Consumer/Industrial quality procedures.

In general, FSL offers two types of qual tiers for MCUs – Auto qualification and C&I qualification.
• Products that follow the Auto or C&I qual tier vary by both the qualification process and the production test flow that they receive.
• Auto qualified parts follow a much more demanding qualification process – AEC (Automotive Electronics Council) Q100 Grade 1 qual flow.  The AEC Q100 qual flow is an Auto standard qualification process that all of the major OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers require for nearly all of their applications.
• The results of an AEC Q100 qualification are documented in a product’s PPAP (Production Part Approval Process). 
• PPAPs only exist for Auto qualified products.

So I think that when exchaning the common MC with an S, the part has to go thru AEG testing.

See also the link:

As far your question is considered, I would say yes, It contains both edge aligned as well as centre aligned PWM Mode. (See datasheet MC9S08SH8 MCU Series Data Sheet, Rev. 3, Page 241,242 ).

Message Edited by Geo*** on 2008-12-19 08:19 AM
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hello and welcome to the fora, xiaolin.gao, 你好
Is this sentence a quote from somewhere?
If so, where?

My best guess is that this means "engineering sample".
Back on HC08 parts the MC was changed to PC or (XC) for these.

0 Kudos