cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX 8M EVK Android prebuilt image

massimiliano_ra
Contributor I

Hi NXP Community,

I have to start a project with the iMX 8M EVK and I would like to know which peripherals are already enabled on the Android prebuilt images.

I need at least

Ethernet and WiFi connectivity

Audio output

Microphone

Camera

USB

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Massimiliano,

The prebuilt Android Demo Image for MCIMX8M-EVK could be downloaded from the following link:

O8.1.0_1.3.0_ANDROID_DEMO_8MQ_GA

In case of requiring specific drivers/features, you could build your own image using the source package from the following link:

O8.1.0_1.3.0_ANDROID_SOURCE_8MQ_GA

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

massimiliano_ra
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your quick answer.

What I would like to know is the status of prebuilt image.

Does it enable the peripherals such as Ethernet, Audio output, microphone, Camera, USB or it enables only the display and the touch?

I need this info to try to estimate the effort needed to have the platform working.

Thanks in advance

Massimiliano

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Massimiliano,

Such details are included on the Release Notes of Android documentation package, available on the following link:

O8.1.0_1.3.0_8MQ_GA_DOCS

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos