cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXQ1TXH5 - Detecting receiver

buchwald
Contributor I

Hi All,

I developed a wireless charging application with the NXQ1TXH5 and charging works. But I have problems with the device detection. It takes very long to find the right alignment of the coil, start charging works only in one position (has to be extremely precise, about 1mm). This is reproducible. 

When the charger detects the receiver coil (used smartphone for testing), I can move the smartphone up to 1cm in all directions and the charger won't stop charging. So when the connection is established, everything works fine.

What's the issue? Any ideas? It seems that the charger can't "find" the receiver. Used standard values for components as required in the datasheet. Coil is the WT-505090-10K2-A11-G from TDK, R8 = 47 Ohms (according to application note).

Best regards

Jan 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

I don’t think it is a problem with your electrical design since you are getting the charger working fine when the receiver is properly aligned, remember that the NXQ1TXH5 is a single-coil wireless charger, so it does not support free positioning alignment, but needs guided positioning.

An example of such means is a piece of hard or soft magnetic material, which is attracted to the magnet provided in Power Transmitter design. The attractive force should provide the user with tactile feedback when placing the Mobile Device on the Interface Surface.

Other solution would be using a multi-coil device to support free positioning alignment, the WCT1101 allows to develop a 5W multi-coil TX, you can access the reference solution web for more doc, hardware and example code at the link below.

WCT-5WTXMULTI: https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/hardware-development-tools/reference-designs/wct-5wt...

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos