cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"monitor" command not supported by this target

thomasscarsbroo
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a custom board based around the LS1046A. I created a target connection in Codewarrior, using the LS1046A_QDS as a baseline.

I have been struggling to get any degree of confidence that it was ever actually processing the target initialisation file, certainly the processor didn't seem to be coming up when I set USE_SAFE_RCW = True, despite no error message being displayed. However when I modded the board to tie the cfg_rcw_src boot strapping pins to the hardcoded RCW the processor came up OK.

I decided to add some register writes to set some GPIO's, so I could probe them externally to see whether the initialisation was being done, and suddenly I now get an error when I click "Connect (reset and execute target initialisation script)" in Codewarrior;

"monitor" command not supported by this target.

I didn't directly add, or change, any of the monitor commands, I just called CCSR_BE_M, which calls MM, which in turn runs gdb.execute("monitor ...

One of my calls to CCSR_BE_M is outside of any function in the script, and this seems to be the one causing the problem. However, this fairly clearly indicates that the target initialisation script isn't running, despite it having a function labelled:

######################################################################

# This is the actual function called by debugger, flash, etc.

######################################################################

def run_init_file():

If this function was actually being called, as it claims, then I would have seen the error dialogue much earlier.

1) Why doesn't the initialisation script actually get called? Its existence is rather pointless if it doesn't actually get called.

2) How can I resolve this "monitor" command not being supported? As the initialisation script is basically useless without it.

3) Is it possible for me to access a terminal to run the commands by hand?

4) Can I use print statements in the target init script? If so, where do they show?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
0 Replies