Single channel LPDDR4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single channel LPDDR4

kayiyeh
Contributor II

Can i.MX8 support single channel LPDDR4? If can, how?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kayiyeh
Contributor II

Dear Yuri,

Yes I understand the impact of the single channel to dual channel. However, what if I under some special condition and have to do that (single channel)? The special condition may mean  a downgrade memory chip was mounted to board and it happens to have one bit data bus stuck at zero.  So back to my original question, can I use single channel LPDDR4? If I use Linux to boot up, do I need to rebuild the kernel or just change some configurations in uboot?

Kayi

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Since LPDDR4 device consists of two identical channels operating independently, it is possible to 

configure single channel x16 mode. But we do not have tested example for it. Customers can try 

i.MX 8M DDR Tool Release 

As for Linux  - refer to chapter "Porting U-Boot" in  "i.MX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf"  in NXP Linux doc

package.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

LPDDR4 is essentially dual channeled; using single channel means
half of memory is lost.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sbmd_1234
Contributor I

Hi 
How can we check the lpddr is used whether it is single channel or dual channel in the SW configurations in my yocto project ?

0 Kudos