for LPC1769, is there a time delay needed when configuring SSP/SPI channels to transition between 16 and 8 bit transfer modes?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for LPC1769, is there a time delay needed when configuring SSP/SPI channels to transition between 16 and 8 bit transfer modes?

pgenerale
Contributor I

We have 2 devices on the SSP0 but, one needs the usual 8 bit (byte) data transfers, but the other needs a 12 bit transfer (for which we configure SSP0 to send 16 bits). Since we talk to one device followed by talking to the other, we are constantly re-configuring. The device that used the 16 bits seems to be dropping data sometimes. When I inserted a delay before reconfigure to 16 bits, the data seems to have cleaned up. But the delay was 3 instructions. I wanted to find out if this is an issue and the proper way to address it is a delay. 

Thanks for any advice.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Piero Generale,

Could you please share your code on how are making the re-configuration of the peripheral? Also, may I ask why are you sending 16 bits if the device needs 12 bit transfer? As you can see in the following table, you can select a data size of 12-bit.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regard, 

Victor.

0 Kudos